Our Community Investment program provides a strategic framework to guide our company wide commitments and ensure our support is building capacity and creating sustainable outcomes for our communities.
Our community partnerships focus on three core areas; environment; Indigenous; and disadvantaged youth.
Organisations we currently support are:
- Beacon Foundation – helps disadvantaged young people stay at school to finish Year 12, go on to further education and find employment.
- Clontarf Foundation – exists to improve the education, discipline, self esteem, life skills and employment prospects of young Aboriginal men and by doing so, equip them to participate more meaningfully in society.
- Australian Indigenous Education Foundation – empowering Indigenous children in financial need to build a future through quality education and careers.
- Foundation for Youth Development – providing programs to children in New Zealand that help build self-esteem, promote good values, and teach valuable life, education and health skills.
- Conservation Volunteers Australia - one of Australia’s leading practical environment groups, managing community involvement in approximately 2,000 priority conservation projects each year.
- Touched By Olivia Foundation - improving the health and happiness of children by building playgrounds for children of all abilities to play side by side.
Leighton Contractors recognises that our collective support can make a big difference to community organisations.
Our Community Giving Program enables employees to regularly donate to charities through direct payroll deductions.
The organisations we currently support through Community Giving Program (in addition to our community partners listed above) are:
- Fred Hollows Foundation – ending avoidable blindness through effective Indigenous eye health programs and practices.
- Oxfam – provides Indigenous People with the skills and resources to improve health and wellbeing and realise their potential
- Red Cross – providing relief in times of crisis, care where it’s needed most and commitment when others turn away.
- The Salvation Army – providing care and social services to people in need.
- WWF – conserving Australia’s rare species and environments through research, advocacy, market transformation and fieldwork.