Our Community Investment program provides a strategic framework to guide our companywide commitments and ensure our support is building capacity and creating sustainable outcomes for our communities.
Our community partnerships focus on three core areas; environment; Indigenous; and disadvantaged youth.
Organisations we currently support are:
- Beacon Foundation – helps disadvantaged young people stay at school to finish Year 12, go on to further education and find employment.
- Clontarf Foundation – exists to improve the education, discipline, self esteem, life skills and employment prospects of young Aboriginal men and by doing so, equip them to participate more meaningfully in society.
- Australian Indigenous Education Foundation – empowering Indigenous children in financial need to build a future through quality education and careers.
- Foundation for Youth Development – providing programs to children in New Zealand that help build self-esteem, promote good values, and teach valuable life, education and health skills.
- Conservation Volunteers Australia - one of Australia’s leading practical environment groups, managing community involvement in approximately 2,000 priority conservation projects each year.
- Touched By Olivia Foundation - improving the health and happiness of children by building playgrounds for children of all abilities to play side by side.
Leighton Contractors recognises that our collective support can make a big difference to community organisations.
Our Community Giving Program enables employees to regularly donate to charities through direct payroll deductions.
In addition, Leighton Contractors contributes up to $50,000 annually to match employee contributions under our Community Giving Program.
The organisations we currently support through Community Giving Program (in addition to our community partners listed above) are:
- Fred Hollows Foundation – ending avoidable blindness through effective Indigenous eye health programs and practices.
- Oxfam – provides Indigenous People with the skills and resources to improve health and wellbeing and realise their potential
- Red Cross – providing relief in times of crisis, care where it’s needed most and commitment when others turn away.
- The Salvation Army – providing care and social services to people in need.
- WWF – conserving Australia’s rare species and environments through research, advocacy, market transformation and fieldwork.
Leighton Contractors Youth Drive Safe Initiative
The Leighton Contractors Youth Drive Safe Initiative is a road safety education and training program for school-based learner drivers. The initiative offers packages of five hours of free professional driving instruction to students at selected secondary schools.
The initiative is a key component of Leighton Contractors’ Community Investment Program and is aimed at equipping young learner drivers with essential knowledge, practical skills and on road experience before gaining their provisional license.
Since its launch in 2008, the Leighton Contractors Youth Drive Safe Initiative has offered more than 11,000 hours of professional driving instruction to more than 2,200 students with nearly 13,000 students having attended the initiative’s road safety education presentations across Queensland.