Southern Sydney Freight Line AllianceRead more →
LS RailRead more →
Upper Hunter Valley AllianceRead more →
Epping to Thornleigh Third TrackRead more →
Kingsgrove to Revesby AllianceRead more →
Leighton Contractors has proudly partnered with our clients in the delivery and maintenance of freight and passenger rail infrastructure. Having delivered more than 60 rail projects, we’ve amassed extensive experience in rail across design, construction, commissioning and maintenance phases.
We have invested in the people and capabilities needed to bring our clients unrivaled expertise in understanding complex rail infrastructure. We work extensively with all major public rail transport authorities and understand in detail the various state and federal legislative requirements to successfully deliver projects. We are committed to working with the customer at the centre of our considerations – rail users, rail corridor neighbours, freight operators.
Our systems are built around the critical importance of safety in the rail sector. Our safety and rail safety systems are structured around full compliance with Australia’s national safety accreditation scheme.
Proven track record
We take a collaborative and solutions-focused approach to managing projects in brownfield environments, where works take place in live rail environments, with heavily utilised freight corridors or in high density urban areas.
On greenfield sites our high technology plant through LS Rail, maintained to achieve 98 per cent reliability, allows us to construct quality track twice as fast as traditional methods.
Our rail capabilities in greenfield and brownfield sites include:
- upgrading rail networks
- construction of new rail lines
- delivery of complex projects in live operating rail environments
- stabling facilities and depots, stations and interchanges
- bridge and tunnel structures
- new turnouts and replacements
- HV/LV (high voltage/low voltage) power
- management of signalling and overhead wiring
- maintenance and track renewal work
- major periodic maintenance.
We have invested in the people and capabilities needed to bring our clients unrivaled expertise in understanding complex rail infrastructure. We work extensively with all major public rail transport authorities and understand in detail the various state and federal legislative requirements to successfully deliver projects.
We manage rail projects from concept to completion including:
- concept design – engineering management including options development, risk assessment, environmental assessments and approvals, and cost development
- construction – construction methodology and delivery, staging and possessions management, management of complex interfaces, rail reliability, safe-working practice and safety assurance processes and working closely with nearby communities
- testing and commissioning
- whole-of-life asset management including major periodic maintenance.
Our national team
Our 300 rail specialists have worked across the public and private sectors in Australia and around the world delivering projects for both private and public clients.
Our rail specialists leverage our 14,000 strong workforce – based in state and territory. By combining our specialist in-house rail experience with the strength of highly skilled construction teams, we provide surety of delivery for our clients.
Our rail plant
We continue to upgrade our rail fleet with the latest technology. Our existing rail plant allows us to self-perform the full range of track construction, maintenance and renewals through our LS Rail joint venture with Swietelsky.
We hold Rolling Stock Accreditations in New South Wales (NSW), South Australia and Victoria and are an Accredited Rail Infrastructure Manager and Authorised Engineering Organisation in NSW .
To learn more about our rail capability and projects, click here.