Fostering strong and meaningful relationships with communities is a high priority at Leighton Contractors.
Working in partnership with Indigenous and non-Indigenous organisations, we strive to achieve long-lasting benefits to communities where we operate. Our approach is underpinned by delivering on our promises with integrity, honesty and sensitivity.
Our work is helping to ‘close the gap’ between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians through community support, commercial partnerships and employment of Indigenous people in safe, culturally inclusive workplaces.
Organisations we currently support include:
- Beacon Foundation – helps disadvantaged young people stay at school to finish Year 12, go on to further education and find employment.
- Clontarf Foundation – exists to improve the education, discipline, self esteem, life skills and employment prospects of young Aboriginal men and by doing so, equip them to participate more meaningfully in society.
- Australian Indigenous Education Foundation – empowering Indigenous children in financial need to build a future through quality education and careers.
- Foundation for Youth Development – providing programs to children in New Zealand that help build self-esteem, promote good values, and teach valuable life, education and health skills.
- Touched By Olivia Foundation - improving the health and happiness of children by building playgrounds for children of all abilities to play side by side.